I have always been interested in making films, but have never had the opportunity to receive formal training. This program gave me access to both peers who share this love and extremely qualified teachers.”
The Film & Video Division of the NHSI is a competitive program. Application decisions, made by the Admissions Committee, are based on ability and merit. Enrollment is limited.
If you would like to apply to the NHSI Film & Video Division, you should:
- Be currently enrolled in your sophomore or junior year of high school
- Rank academically in or near the top 30% of your high school class
- Meet a high standard of character, dependability, and intelligence
- Give evidence of special ability or interest in the media arts
The five weeks I spent in the program were some of the best five weeks of my life. They were formative and transformative, and I’ve learned so much more than I ever thought I would.”
How to Apply
- Fill out and submit the National High School Institute Application including $40 application fee.
- You will receive an email from NHSI confirming your application has been received along with next step instructions on how to complete your application. You should receive this confirmation email within 1-2 business days of submission.
- Submit the supplemental materials required to complete your application which include a resume, two essay responses, a letter of recommendation, current high school transcript, and if available standardized test scores. Further details will be included in your confirmation email.
2018 Application Deadlines
Early Admission Application Deadline – Friday, January 11, 2019
Regular Admission Application Deadline – Friday, March 15, 2019
Late Admission** Application Deadline – Friday, May 3, 2019
**Limited space available by Late Admission. For the best chance of admission, we highly suggest applying by the Regular Admission Deadline. Additionally, Late Admission applicants will not be eligible to apply for Financial Aid.