I have always been interested in making films, but have never had the opportunity to receive formal training. This program gave me access to both peers who share this love and extremely qualified teachers.”
The Film & Video Division of the NHSI is a competitive program. Application decisions, made by the Admissions Committee, are based on ability and merit. Enrollment is limited.
If you would like to apply to the NHSI Film & Video Division, you should:
- Be currently enrolled in your sophomore or junior year of high school
- Rank academically in or near the top 30% of your high school class
- Meet a high standard of character, dependability, and intelligence
- Give evidence of special ability or substantial interest in the media arts
How to Apply
- Fill out and submit the National High School Institute Application including $50 application fee.
- You will receive an email from NHSI confirming your application has been received along with next step instructions on how to complete your application. You should receive this confirmation email within 2-3 business days of submission.
- Submit the supplemental materials required to complete your application which include a resume, two essay responses, a letter of recommendation, current high school transcript, and if available standardized test scores. Further details will be included in your confirmation email.
Requirements for Online Program Participation
- Production/Screenwriting Students will be supplied with Adobe Creative Cloud to upload on their desktop or laptop computer.
- Students can shoot with their own prosumer camera, DSLR, or cell phone that can shoot high quality footage.
- ALL Students must use a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam, microphone, and audio capability.
- This online course works best with a fast, reliable internet connection, and requires Chrome web browser.
- ALL Students should be prepared to dedicate 6-10 hours per week for this course.
2021 Application Deadlines
ADMISSION DEADLINES 2021
Early Admission Deadline
This deadline has passed for 2021.
Regular Admission Deadline
Students will be notified of their admittance status by April 16, 2021.