The Theatre Arts Division of the NHSI is a competitive program. Application decisions, made by the Admissions Committee, are based on ability and merit. Enrollment is limited.
- Students must be current high school juniors who will be rising into their senior year of high school following their summer at Northwestern
- Should rank academically near the top 30% of your high school class
- Meet a high standard of character, responsibility, and intelligence
- Able to provide evidence of experience and/or substantial interest in the theatre arts
How to Apply
- Fill out and submit the National High School Institute Application including $50 application fee.
- You will receive an email from NHSI confirming your application has been received along with next step instructions on how to complete your application. You should receive this confirmation email within 2-3 business days.
- Submit the supplemental materials required to complete your application which include a resume, two essay responses, a letter of recommendation, current high school transcript, and if available, standardized test scores. Further details will be included in your confirmation email.
In the event of Online Programming, the following materials are required:
- ALL Students must use a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam, microphone, and audio capability.
- This online course works best with a fast, reliable internet connection, and requires Chrome web browser.
- ALL Students should be prepared to dedicate 6-10 hours per week for this course.
“The activities were so enjoyable and educational. The other students were incredibly inclusive and talented. Valuable doesn’t even begin to describe this program.”
2022 Application Deadlines
Early Admission Deadline
Initial online applications are due January 14, 2022
All supplemental materials will be due January 21, 2022
Students will be notified of their admittance status by February 18, 2022
Regular Admission Deadline
Initial online applications are due March 18, 2022
All supplemental materials will be due March 25, 2022
Students will be notified of their admittance status by April 22, 2022