Applications for the 2017 Theatre Arts Division are now Closed
The Theatre Arts Division of the NHSI is a competitive program. Application decisions, made by the Admissions Committee, are based on ability and merit. Enrollment is limited.
- Students must be current high school juniors who will be rising into their senior year of high school following their summer at Northwestern
- Rank academically near the top 30% of your high school class
- Meet a high standard of character, responsibility, and intelligence
- Able to provide evidence of experience and/or interest in the theatre arts
How to Apply
- Fill out and submit the 2017 National High School Institute Application including $35 application fee.
- You will receive an email from NHSI confirming your application has been received along with next step instructions on how to complete your application. You should receive this confirmation email within 1-2 business days.
- Submit the supplemental materials required to complete your application which include a resume, two essay responses, a letter of recommendation, current high school transcript, and standardized test scores. Further details will be included in your confirmation email.
The activities were so enjoyable and educational. The other students were incredibly inclusive and talented. Valuable doesn’t even begin to describe this program.”
2017 Application Deadlines
Early Admission Application Deadline – Friday, January 13, 2017
Regular Admission Application Deadline – Friday, February 17, 2017
Late Admission** Application Deadline – Friday, March 24, 2017
Applicants will be notified of their admission status 3 weeks from their application deadline.
**Limited space available; we highly suggest applying by the Regular Admission Deadline in order to be considered for admission.