Spend your summer steeped in the art of theatre and discover what’s possible.
2024 Admission Deadlines
Early Admission Deadline
January 2, 2024 – Online Application Forms are due
January 8, 2024 – All supplemental materials are due
February 5, 2024 – Students will be notified of their admittance status by 5pm CST
Regular Admission Deadline
March 4, 2024 – Online Application Forms are due
March 11, 2024 – All supplemental materials are due
April 8, 2024 – Students will be notified of their admittance status by 5pm CST
Students will have one week to Accept or Decline their spot if admitted.
The Theatre Arts Division of the NHSI is a competitive program. Application decisions, made by the Admissions Committee, are based on ability and merit. Enrollment is limited.
- Students must be current high school juniors who will be rising into their senior year of high school following their summer at Northwestern
- Should rank academically near the top 30% of your high school class
- Meet a high standard of character, responsibility, and intelligence
- Able to provide evidence of experience and/or substantial interest in the theatre arts
How to Apply
- Submit the National High School Institute Application including $50 application fee.
- Receive a confirmation email from NHSI with instructions on how to submit supplemental materials, completing your application. You should receive this confirmation email within 2-3 business days of submitting the online app.
- Submit the supplemental materials as outlined in your confirmation email to complete your application. These include a resume, two essay responses, a letter of recommendation, current high school transcript, and standardized test scores (optional). Performance students applying for the MT Extension are required to submit a short video of themselves singing. Further details will be included in your confirmation email.
“The activities were so enjoyable and educational. The other students were incredibly inclusive and talented. Valuable doesn’t even begin to describe this program.”
“I just loved it and I feel more confident in my creative ability as an actor.”