Spend your summer steeped in the art of filmmaking and discover what’s possible.
“I learned SO MUCH here. I haven’t really had too much of a chance to make films, especially with good equipment, but this camp made me realize what working in film is actually like and how much I enjoy it.” – 2023 Cherub Alum
2024 Application Deadlines
Early Admission Deadline
January 5, 2024 – Online Application Forms Due
January 15, 2024 – All supplemental materials are due
February 9, 2024 – Students will be notified of their admittance status by 5pm CST
Regular Admission Deadline
March 15, 2024 – Online Application Forms Due
March 24, 2024 – All supplemental materials are due
April 19, 2024 – Students will be notified of their admittance status by 5pm CST
Students will have one week to Accept or Decline their spot if admitted.
The Film & Video Division of the NHSI is a competitive program. Application decisions, made by the Admissions Committee, are based on ability and merit. Enrollment is limited.
If you would like to apply to the NHSI Film & Video Division, you should:
- Be currently enrolled in your sophomore or junior year of high school
- Rank academically in or near the top 30% of your high school class
- Meet a high standard of character, dependability, and intelligence
- Give evidence of special ability or substantial interest in the media arts
How to Apply
- Submit the National High School Institute Application including $50 application fee.
- Receive an email confirmation from NHSI with instructions on how to submit your supplemental materials in order for your application to be complete. You should receive this confirmation email within 2-3 business days of submitting the online app.
- Submit the supplemental materials which include a resume, two essay responses, a letter of recommendation, current high school transcript, and standardized test scores (optional). Further details will be included in your confirmation email.