Applications for the 2018 Debate Division will be open on Monday, October 23rd
Students will have their days broken into a variety of different debate instructional activities. Debaters participate in varied curriculum, including:
- Longer, prepared topic and skill lectures by Institute Faculty members
- “Mini-lectures” on topics guided by student requests and needs
- Full-length practice debates with feedback
- One-on-one debate speech “redo” sessions with instructors
- Guided topic research
- A variety of other activities and skills practice within lab groups, including small group work and student led discussions on topics of their interest
- And, of course, fun!
The Northwestern Debate Institute Faculty strives to create an Institute-long curriculum schedule that provides students an engaging debate experience through a varied set of activities each day to maximize both education outcomes and student enjoyment of the activity.
7:45 am – 8:30 am Breakfast
9:00 am Institute Roll Call
9:30 am – 12:00 pm Morning Instruction period
Lectures and/or Lab classes
12:15 pm – 1:15 pm Lunch
1:30 pm – 5:00 pm Afternoon Lab Instruction period
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm Dinner
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Evening Lab Instruction period
*This schedule will be followed seven days a week. Exceptions include Sunday morning late start (1:30 pm), and Saturday evening fun activities.