The National High School Institute is located on the Northwestern University campus in Evanston, IL.
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a temporary opportunity at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional, and personal development.
For all applications: Go to https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/.
Under “Find a job” click “External applicants”. You will then be redirected to a page where you can search available positions by their Job ID Number, Job title, or by searching “National High School Institute”.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH NORTHWESTERN’S HIRING WEBSITE.
Job Title: Program Assistant
Location: Evanston, IL
Department: SoC – National High School Institute
Program Assistant 2. NEX 10
Position #/Job ID: 42140
The National High School Institute (NHSI) at Northwestern University seeks an organized and personable Program Assistant to provide clerical and administrative support functions for a prominent summer enrichment program. This full-time position reports to the Director of the NHSI and manages the day-to-day functions of the administrative office including emails, phone calls, mail, generating files, data entry, and maintaining databases utilizing Excel spreadsheets and Word processing. Other responsibilities include managing the NHSI admissions process, marketing, website maintenance, student & alumni engagement, event planning, and other duties as assigned. The ideal Program Assistant must show initiative, be a problem solver, be proficient with computers – specifically Microsoft Office Suite and Google programs, be an experienced customer service representative, as well as have strong written & oral communication skills. An interest in the arts and previous experience as an administrative assistant in the areas of education, admissions, or recruitment are preferred.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides program information via email, phone, mail, and to in person visitors
- Drafts communications and proofs for spelling & grammar errors
- General office upkeep; maintains inventory and orders supplies
- Fulfills copy and print orders
- Manages design and development of program databases; compiles files – digital spreadsheets and physical records
- Follows policies and operates discretion when handling sensitive topics, e.g. health records
- Advises students and parents/guardians through admissions process, program application, and financial aid application
- Reviews application details and serves as part of the Admissions Committee
- Prepares forms and evaluations; utilizes data to compile reports, statistics, tables, charts, etc.
- Contributes to the development of marketing materials and student recruitment
- Maintains department website including content updates and creating new pages/posts
- Writes a weekly e-newsletter for alumni to the program
- Student and alumni engagement through newsletters and social media posts
- Coordinates summer staff orientation imparting department Policies & Procedures
- Event planning including room reservation, catering orders, and day-of event management
- A high school diploma or its equivalent
- Intermediate knowledge of word processing, Adobe, Mailchimp, Google Sheets, Box/Dropbox, WordPress
- Experience in administrative work
- A college degree
- Experience in the fields of Arts Administration, Theatre, Film, or Debate
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.