Applications will be accepted through Friday, January 18th, 2019 at 11:59 PM, EST, and there is NO FEE to apply. Click here to start your application!
The American Theatre Wing is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2019 Andrew Lloyd Webber Initiative Training Scholarships.
Now in the third year of the Initiative, the ALW Training Scholarships continue to promote diversity, equity, and access to the arts by bridging the gap between talent and opportunity, creating a stronger pipeline to the professional theatre for promising artists of all backgrounds. The Training Scholarships cover the cost of tuition, room and board, and admin fees associated with summer study and after school training programs.
Some qualifications for the ALW Training Schoarlship to keep in mind – applicants must:
- Be a public school student in grade 11 within the U.S. or Puerto Rico
- Be enrolled and returning to public school the following year
- Be under the age of 18 as of the Application Deadline
- Have permission to participate from a parent or guardian
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Demonstrate exceptional talent as a theatre performer, designer, director, writer, or composer and display a genuine interest in pursuing a career in the theatre (per audition or work sample)
- Provide three references; at least one must be from a teacher
- Demonstrate financial need (as determined through references and statements)
Scholarship funds will be used to cover tuition and room/board. Funds will not cover travel expenses for a student to attend their chosen program.